Looking for something holiday-related to do on the Northshore this weekend? Check out these fun activities!
- Mandeville- Winter on the Water: This is the 22nd year of Mandeville’s Winter on the Water– presented by The City of Mandeville and the Old Mandeville Business Association. The fun begins at 11AM this Saturday, December 7, at the lakefront gazebo. Gather ’round to listen to the Mandeville Elementary bell ensemble play Christmas tunes. You can also take pictures with Santa, have your face painted, and listen to Benny Grunch and the Bunch! Santa’s Walking Parade will begin at noon. This is a free activity that’s fun for the whole family!
- Mandeville- Holiday of Lights @ the Koop Drive Playground: Celebrating its 20th year, the Holiday of Lights is a free, fun-filled event for the whole family. Festivities begin at 5:45 the nights of 12/6-7 and 12/12-14. Come out to the Tammany Trace Kids Town Pavilion & Kids Konnection Playground to enjoy spectacular holiday decor, twinkling lights, and free performances and kiddie rides. Santa pictures will be available and printed onsite for $20. While admission and rides are free, refreshments will be available for a charge.
- Slidell- Christmas Under the Stars: On December 6 & 7 and 13 & 14, head down to Griffith Park in Olde Towne Slidell from 6-9PM for the 31st annual Christmas Under the Stars Celebration. You’ll have a chance to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus, tour life-size Christmas cottages, sing songs, and enjoy lights, decorations and the Parade of Trees. Admission is free!
- Covington-Christmas at TerraBella: This friday, 12/6, from 6-8:30, head out to TerraBella Village for their annual Christmas at TerraBella celebration. Featuring free admission, live music, hot chocolate, Christmas crafts, letters to Santa, and rides on the TerraBella express, this is a holiday event that’s sure to please everyone! For $10, you can take a pic with Santa, too!
- Madisonville-Merry Madisonville: This Saturday, 12/7, from 2-8PM, you can celebrate the 11th annual Merry Madisonville, a day of fun for the whole family. Head to the Madisonville Town Hall because Santa arrives by boat from the Lake Ponchartrain Maritime Museum. Admission is free and you will also be able to enjoy caroling, activities and photos with Santa.
Do you know of any activities we haven’t mentioned? Comment below!